Jen-erosity for Jennie

Monday, July 2, 2012

Nine Days Later

When we arrived at the hospital yesterday (Sunday), the nurse lowered the pain medication, which then lowered Jennie's heart rate to more normal levels. She expressed that the the pain meds can cause a form of sedation when they are too high. The family met with the Trauma PA last evening and were updated on Jennie's status. They expressed concern that Jennie had not been responding as they had hoped. Today Jennie had a minor positive improvement that seems hopeful. The nurse pinched Jennie in both her left and right armpits, which she responded to with arm movement. We have not seen any purposeful movement since the first night. There will be a neurological test administered  today called SSEP in which they place sensors from her wrist to her shoulder and spine and head. This test measures the response from her hands to her brain. We will get results tomorrow. Its not definitive but hopefully will give us some indication of her condition. Jennie's brother John and his wife Ashlie have joined our vigil and we will swap family members as needed. Richard's brother and sister-in-law will arrive as relief when Jennie's siblings need to return to their families. Keep sending your prayers and love, it's greatly needed and provides comfort to us all.

7 comments:

  1. Karla, I just wanted to let you know that my mom lives in sandy and told me to let you know that she has a room that is empty. You and the family are welcome to stay there. It doesn't have a bed, but I am sure we could find one or I know she has air beds or cots. also, Sandy has a great little prade for the 4th. I thought the kids might like. It starts at 6pm and they throw out candy. It is behind target on state st. between 100000 so and 10600 so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We are working on finding a place (any ideas?) for Richard, his parents and 2 kids. Since he still has his shoulder injury he needs his parents help with bathing and picking them up, as well as driving. Murray area would be the best, we are currently in Lehi and the travel is taking its toll. Also really need help with the kids while Richard is at the hospital, most of us (Jennie's sibs) need to get back home this week to our families. Thanks again!!

      Delete
    2. Karla,

      I'm Michael Kile from Fort Collins in Richard's and Jennie's ward. My wife and I have family in and around SLC. I will do some checking to see if we can wrangle up more places to stay if you need.

      Delete
    3. Karla,
      I am Amber McKay, Richard and my husband Nick were best friends growing up. We can be there next week and/or the week after to help with the kids (we cab rent a vacation rental house).Please let us know if we can help amber.mckay@gmail.com

      Thank you for updating the Blog, we really appreciate it.I am grateful to be able to have the information.

      Delete
    4. Amber, I will talk to Richard and we will be in touch!

      Delete
  2. Karla, I am so upset to hear the news of Jennie. We will keep her and all family in our prayers. We send our love and will be eager to hear of her progress. love, Roger and Maria Jones

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karla,
    I am Courtney Kleinman. Jennie and I were roomates at NAU and later neighbors when we were both newly weds. Curtis (my husband) and I really appreciate being able to check this blog to keep updated on Jennie and her families well being. They are in our prayers.

    I am traveling to SLC next week and I would love to visit and help any way possible. My Grandmother lives in Murray and I will be staying with her. I could help watch the kids while I am there. My Grandma's community has a pool so we could take them swimming.

    Also, is there anything they are in need of? Meals, clothing etc? Please let me know.

    I'll leave you my email so we can coordinate any needs.
    Love
    Curtis and Courtney Kleinman
    curtcourtkleinman@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete