Jen-erosity for Jennie

Monday, July 2, 2012

Rock Springs Rescue

Immediately after the accident Richard was only able to find Jennie's new phone, his was no where to be found. He found one familiar number, Jennie's mom Sherril, dialed her then Jennie's  phone batteries died. Sherril received a message and immediately returned the call. Richard expressed a need for the kids to be taken care of, he was injured and admitted for further testing. Mom knew her sister Amber had a daughter that lived in Wyoming and made a quick call. Amber received the call and remembered her Relief Society president was originally from Rock Springs, Wyoming. Her Relief Society president was at that moment talking to her daughter that resided in Rock Springs. She gave Amber her daughters number who then gave it to Mom. Mom called this wonderful lady and left a message which was returned within minutes. Mom met Sally on the phone and explained our great distress for those darling babies and Richard alone in the hospital at this tragic time. Wonderful Sally who is 8 1/2 months pregnant with a sick 4 year old said we are ready for them. I have a crib ready and waiting, I would be happy to go and pick up those children. When Sally arrived at the hospital the children were not released for a couple hours, she waited patiently outside in her car for their release. Richard and the kids were released together and they were all taken into her home. Sally bathed the kids, and cared for them and tucked them in for the night when Jennie's brother Ken was finally able to arrive late that evening. Sally rounded up new clothes for both kids and replaced car seats and got her husband and ward family involved in gathering the salvageable items from the site of the accident. Sally's love enveloped Richard, Ken and both the kids and soothed them in a time of crisis. We cannot thank her enough for her servant heart. The family wishes to express our thanks and love to her and to her entire Rock Springs Ward family.

2 comments:

  1. Wow- what amazing, kind people! So thankful for good people who don't hesitate to reach out and help when needed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to express my instant love and friendship for the Cornwall family. On Saturday, when I was on the phone with my mother, I was expressing a very "woe is me" attitude to her. Its easy for me to do lately being so pregnant and having lots go on in your life. But, when my mother asked me to hold on for a mintute while she took another call, I knew then, that I shouldn't have complained so much. Then she told me of this family that needed help here in Rock Springs. I wasn't sure what to do due to the fact that my own little one was pretty sick with a stomach bug. But, if they didn't mind that they might get a little bug, then I would love to help them. I have a strong testimony of service. I feel that by helping them, it was helping me and my family. I remember listening to a talk in the last General Conference session about service. If someone is drowning, do you yell... "hey, do you need some help overthere?" No. You take over and help in times of need. I'm grateful for a gospel that allows us to be instant family members in times of need. I know that I will always feel love and admiration for the Cornwall Family. I have not had the opportunity to meet Jennie yet, but by the example of her husband and children, I know that she is a spiritual giant. Thank you for being in tune with the spirit to know to call my mom. Our family will forever be touched by meeting and serving your family.
    All our love... Sally Heath

    ReplyDelete